Monday, January 19, 2009

One Day All My Dreams Will Be Fulfilled

Last Sunday's sermon was so great. If you ever want to hear great teaching go to http://www.newlifechurch.org/ and listen to Pastor Brady Boyd.

I left church that morning feeling so encouraged. How often do we allow ourselves to fall into the world's temptation to make more money, to be more popular, to have the best physical appearances, to climb the career ladder etc. etc. or rather, blah, blah, blah. I fall into that trap when I'm not content with my life. I fall into that trap when I put my hope in things outside of Christ alone. I fall into that trap when I choose to spend my time outside of His Word. But, as patient as He is with me I felt Him calling me to be patient with Him and His return. The return to my final home, the place where all my dreams will be fulfilled. The place where I can finally be with the 'lover of my soul...forever!' I heard His voice speak into my spirit, saying 'Melisa just be patient my child. I'm coming soon and then all that I have planned for you will literally leave you speechless'...to say the least! So, I have to remember to be content in where I am. To remember that if I'm not living out my dreams here, I will be living them out in heaven for eternity. That's my hope when I become so drawn to the world's ways because one day all my dreams will be fulfilled in Christ and in Christ alone!

1 comment:

Pam Boyd said...

Thanks for the encouragement and thanks for recommending my messages. I am grateful you were blessed.

Pastor Brady